Tuesday, February 06, 2007

ARRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

So I finally got my appointment this afternoon at student health, by which time I was mostly feeling okay. Occasional slight headaches, a stuffy nose on one side, but mostly okay. I actually felt a little silly sitting in the doctor's office. She was unimpressed by my story and only moved when she examined my nose--"wow, now I know why you can't breathe!" (At least my turbinates swelled nicely for the performance.) She gave me some amoxicillin and some decongestant/guiafenesin tablets, and sent me on my way.

Tonight, I'm sitting here with a completely clogged nose. I'm trying SO HARD not to use the Afrin, no matter how much I'm tempted to, because I've already used it several times and that stuff can be habit-forming, but OH MY GOD MY NOSE I CAN'T BREATHE AND MY EARS ARE POPPING AND MY THROAT IS SORE AND THIS IS PISSING ME OFF.

I'd be yelling all of that, but I sound like I'm talking through a rubber clown nose, which I find extremely annoying. All I wanted was some freaking Flonase or Nasacort, is that too much to ask???

No comments: