Wednesday, February 01, 2006

My Sister's Keeper

Last night, my dad called me on his way home from work. I've taken to answering all his calls recently, as my stepsister is expecting her first child and is due any minute. Here's a summary of our conversation:

Me: Hi, Dad, what's up?
Dad: Have you heard from your sister lately? I've tried to call her and I sent her an email and I can't seem to get ahold of her. **insert panicky tone of voice**
Me: Uh, no. She updated her blog today, though.
Dad: What's a blog?
Me: Uh. It's this online thing. Anyhow, she's on IM right now.
Dad: Okay, because I haven't heard from her in a couple of weeks.
**types to sister, "Dad thinks you fell off the face of the earth"**
**sister types back "What??? I talked to him like 3 days ago!"
Me: Dad, she's online right now. She's alive and she's fine.
Dad: *trying not to sound so worried, but not quite succeeding* Oh, okay, well, I'm working on your bookcase tonight...

Oy. My sister is 22 years old and I am still the official go-between. I can't believe she ever let Dad figure out she screens her calls--we've had no peace ever since.

No comments: