Saturday, October 14, 2006

EWWWWW Moment of the Day

*warning: disgustingness ahead*


Up here on the children's floors, there are an amazing number of bathrooms available. Bathrooms in every patient's room (which are all singles), staff bathrooms spaced abundantly throughout the halls, even bathrooms in the "Parent Sleep Rooms" which I would never, ever use, except for maybe once earlier today, but it was okay because I REALLY REALLY had to pee. Oh well, at least it was quiet and peaceful.

Anyways, I digress. The staff bathrooms are fairly clean, especially at the beginning of the day. However, as the day goes on, they begin to smell a little worse and a little worse. And by 7:30 pm, when I went in there, someone had left a small puddle of what looked like dried pee on the floor in front of the toilet.

If this were the first occurrence, I would have just said "ew!" and gotten over it. Unfortunately, this happens every single day. Every day, I have to watch out for my pants and shoes to make sure I'm not stepping in the pee puddle (especially since I'm short and tend to be stepping on my pants every day). This is the freaking staff bathroom. Have professional medical men (or women who stand up to pee?) not learned how to control their stream? It just seems to me (lacking the equipment to try this technique) that if you are a messy micturator, you should lean closer to the bowl to control the spray. Is this unreasonable? We already make men put the toilet seat up to pee, so they don't spray it; is it too much to ask that they not pee on the floor, either? Perhaps a diagram would work, with a little toilet bowl, and a peepee, and an arrow saing "pee goes in the potty", and a big X on the floor, saying "pee doesn't go here".

I'm just sayin'.

1 comment:

Simplistic Mom said...

In the Ladies bathroom closest to lab I worked in at BCM someone would pee on the seat! I'm not talking a little spot I'm talking sprayed all over the damn seat....so gross!!! We're talking college educated people here, most enroute to or holding a Ph.D.!!!!! I don't understand, and they even posted signs saying "If you make a mess please clean up after yourself" on the door right next to the latch so you can't miss it. And don't even get me started on people not washing their hands.....