Monday, November 12, 2007

Denouement

Yes, friends, I have finally heard from Top Choice Program. I actually called this morning, to "put my name out there", so to speak. I just told the coordinator who I was, and that I was trying to finalize travel plans, so I just wanted to let TCP know that I was still interested. Turned out, she was in the middle of typing my interview letter. *was very sheepish* So we scheduled my interview. Now, I've heard from all 10 programs to which I applied. I've turned down two, and I may cancel a few, so I'll probably end up interviewing at 5 or 6 programs.

I vented some frustration a few weeks ago, on my blog, regarding the delay in getting my application complete. Yes, I was very frustrated. However, all of my letters came in, and I met all deadlines. Therefore, all my letter writers came through and did me a huge favor. From this side of the deadline, I feel really badly that I was so frustrated and anxious. After all, I got what I wanted--a letter, and an important interview. Also, if I had been more on the ball, I might have found that deadline sooner, saving all of us some anxiety. I've thanked all my letter-writers profusely, and they all deserve it. I, however, need to not be so damn anxious. To anyone who is still reading, I apologize to you, too, for all the whining.

It's an almost anti-climactic feeling at this point. After two months of obsessing and freaking out, now everything is settled and done. All my interviews are scheduled; it's all up to me now. We'll just see how I do!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, and good luck!

(and congrats on using/spelling one of those Frenchy words that I can never get right without looking up :/ )

Tiny Shrink said...

I used the Google to make sure I had it right. =)

Tiny Shrink said...

Besides, you never asked if I could pronounce it!

Midwife with a Knife said...

YAY!!! Congratulations! :)