Monday, September 11, 2006

TOOL!!!!!!!!!!

So my hubby and I are going to go see Tool tonight!!!! I am so excited. This will be my second time to see them, and my 5th time to see Maynard perform live. Woo! I'm officially a groupie.

I use rock concerts as a way to recharge. I haven't had anything to report about my current clinic because all I see are abused and neglected children. On Sunday, at my godson's christening, I cried during the service, just thinking that there really are parents out there who love their children, who feed them and bathe them and don't abuse them in any way, parents who treat their children like precious gifts. I kind of feel toxic, like I've ingested something bad.

Some people go to church; some people go to gardens or temples; I go to rock concerts. I scream and jump and flail my arms and head bang and sing at the top of my lungs and lose my voice and let the music control my body--and I feel a little better about the world. This Tool concert is going to be like a visit to a spa or a Swedish massage; I'll be tired and sore afterwards, but a little tingly and thoroughly relaxed. And smelling a wee bit more like cigarette and marijuana smoke (I swear it's not mine!) than I would at a nice spa, but that's beside the point.

No comments: