Sunday, May 03, 2009

The Key to Mental Health

I've decided that the one of the best ways to be mentally healthy is to garden. By this I mean I'm tired, cranky, burned out, and counting down my remaining calls, but when I drive home, I get out of my car, go into my yard, and just smile. I keep buying more and more plants to plant because it just makes me happy to putz around in the dirt. Yes, my ancestors were farmers, but I've never felt like I was particularly good at growing things until recently. My flowers are blooming, my trees are finally upright and that lovely dark green, and my herbs are tasty (I bought this the other day and it is AWESOME).I'll be making an announcement at some point on here, but I haven't decided how I'm going to do it yet. No, I'm not pregnant, nor did I get pregnant and sneak off to give birth, nor did I adopt a Malawian baby. For now, I'm just going to put up some pictures of my plants:

4 comments:

Sara said...

MMMMMMMmmmm gardenias. My favorite.

ABC said...

Great flowers! I totally agree on the mental health benefits of gardening. I do most of my gardening inside (climate, current lack of a garden), and I sometimes putter around in the dirt at midnight. roommate thinks I'm crazy, but it makes me very happy.

Mrs. Casey Helms said...

I don't even know what to say about your very strange unannouncement. Now I really want to know what you are going to announce. I also agree with you about the theraputic nature of gardening. We keep working on our yard in an attempt to make it is as beautiful as can be. Your plants are gorgeous. Bravo.

alwaysthegoodgirl said...

Announcement?! You're killing me.

LOL

Your garden is quite lovely. The KY climate is not so great as yours for gardening. I'm jealous of your plants - they'll probably last so long.
Jessica