Wednesday, July 02, 2008

I Almost Forgot

Two tales from yesterday.

1) We went in a patient's room and needed to turn off the TV so we could hear ourselves talk. The TV's are mounted on the wall right up by the ceiling. I looked up and figured I wouldn't be able to reach it, but then my attending looked over at me and asked me to turn it off. I stood on my tiptoes and pressed the button with a pen held in my hand--it was that high for me. The attending busted out laughing, laced his hands together, and offered to give me a boost.

2) That first order I signed yesterday? The social worker walked me through every step and dictated to me what I should write. I also signed an order for a wheelchair that PT put in the computer for me. Really, I did very little on my own yesterday, which was kind of a relief.

2 comments:

Dragonfly said...

Congratulations!!

medstudentitis said...

Hah, I love attendings with a good sense of humor. Congratulations on surviving your first day!